Official Contest Rules
DISTRICT / PROMOKITCHEN T-SHIRT DESIGN CONTEST
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. OPEN TO U.S. AND CANADIAN RESIDENTS. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. Entry to the District / PromoKitchen Contest (the “Contest”) begins on October 21, 2013 and ends on November 22, 2013 (the “Entry Period”). The Contest is subject to these official rules (the “Official Rules”) and by entering, entrant agrees to be bound by them. The Contest is sponsored by SanMar Corporation d/b/a District, 22833 SE Black Nugget Road, Suite 130, Issaquah, WA 98029, and PromoKitchen, 9001 Aerial Center #100, Morrisville, NC 27560 (collectively the “Co-Sponsors,” or “we, “us,” or “our”) and shall be administered by PromoKitchen, 9001 Aerial Center #100, Morrisville, NC 27560 (the “Administrator”). All entries must be received by midnight (Pacific Standard Time) on the last day of the Entry Period.
This is a skill-based Contest. The object of this Contest is for you to create an original artistic design to be printed on District tee shirts for distribution at PromoKitchen’s event during PPAI Las Vegas in January 2014. Each original design created and submitted in the Contest will be called an “Entry.” To be eligible for judging an Entry must meet the following content and technical requirements:
- Design must personally interpret the word “REVIVIFY”;
- Design must incorporate PromoKitchen’s Knife and Fork Icon
- Design must be kept to four (4) colors;
- Design images must be vector - .epi or.ai;
- Submission must be 600x600 px 72 dpi in .jpg format.
In addition, Entries must be:
- Your own original work;
- Entries cannot have been selected as a winner in any other contest;
- You must have obtained any and all consents, approvals, or licenses required for you to submit your Entry; and
- Your Entry must not otherwise violate the rights of any other person or company by using their trademarks, music, logos, names or images without their express written consent.
There is a limit of one (1) Entry per person during the Entry Period. Any participant who attempts to enter multiple times will be disqualified. Unlawful or incomplete entries will also be disqualified.
VOID WHERE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW. You are eligible to enter this Contest if you meet the following requirements:
- You are a legal resident of the 50 United States (including District of Columbia) or Canada, and you are at least eighteen (18) years of age or older at the time of entry;
- You are NOT an employee of either Co-Sponsor or an employee of an affiliate of either Co-Sponsor;
- You are NOT involved in any part of the administration and execution of this Contest; and
- You are NOT an immediate family (parent, sibling, spouse, child) or household member of an employee of either Co-Sponsor or an affiliate of either Co-Sponsor, or a person involved in any part of the administration and execution of this Contest.
We are not claiming any ownership rights to entrants’ Entries. However, but submitting your Entry, you hereby agree as follows:
- You grant us an irrevocable, royalty-free, worldwide right and license to: (1) use, review, assess, test and otherwise analyze your Entry and all its content in connection with this Contest; and (ii) feature your entry and all its content in connection with the promotion of this Contest in all media (now known or later developed);
- You agree to sign any necessary documentation that may be required for us and our designees to make use of the rights you granted above;
- You understand and acknowledge that we may have developed or commissioned materials similar or identical to your submission and you waive any claims you may have resulting from any similarities to your Entry;
- You understand that we cannot control the incoming information you will disclose to our representatives in the course of entering, or what our representatives will remember about your Entry. By entering this Contest, you agree that use of information our representatives’ unaided memories in the development or deployment of new products or services does not create liability for us under these Official Rules or copyright or trade secret law; and
- You understand that you will not receive any compensation or credit for use of your Entry, other than what is described in these Official Rules.
- You agree that we are not to be held responsible for any unauthorized use of your Entry.
Judging Criteria and Prize:
An Administrator-selected panel of judges will review all eligible Entries received and select one (1) winner based upon the following criteria:
- 75% - creativity and originality;
- 25% - use of colors and Co-Sponsor icon
In the event of a tie between any eligible Entries, the tie will be broken by an additional judge who will judge the tied Entries based on the criteria above.
One (1) winner will receive five hundred dollars ($500) in cash. In addition, District will provide the winner with a list of select 501(c)(3) charities. The winner will select one charity from this list and District will make a $500 donation on the winner’s behalf. Please note that District will make the charitable contribution directly and the winner is receiving no direct value from this portion of the prize.
Total approximate retail value (“ARV”) of the prize: $500.
Prize is nontransferable. Prize restrictions may apply per the prize provider issuing the prize. One prize per person (no joint or co-entrants permitted).
Selection and Notification of Winners:
The winner will be selected by Administrator’s panel of judges by December 6, 2013. The decisions of the panel of judges are final and binding in all matters relating to this Contest. The winner will be notified by email, phone, or by mail, and such notification will direct the winner on how to redeem his or her prize. Either Co-Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, choose to publish names of the winners on its company website or social media page(s). If a potential winner of the prize cannot be contacted within ten (10) days or the prize is returned as undeliverable, the potential winner is disqualified. If it is necessary to select an alternate winner, the same procedures outlined above will be used for such selection. The prize is guaranteed to be awarded. ALL FEDERAL, STATE AND/OR LOCAL TAXES ARE THE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE WINNER. The Co-Sponsors are not responsible for any selection notifications or other communications that are late, lost, stolen, misdirected, non-deliverable or illegible due to any reason whatsoever.
List of Winners:
Names of winners can be obtained by mailing a self-addressed stamped envelope to the Administrator’s address, attention District / PromoKitchen Contest.
Use of Personal Information:
Your entry in this Contest constitutes your full and unconditional agreement to and acceptance of these Official Contest Rules. Entrants agree that the Co-Sponsors of this Contest, and their affiliates, subsidiaries, employees, agents or other representatives of any kind shall not be responsible or liable for damages or losses of any kind arising out of or resulting from entry in this Contest, acceptance or use of a prize, or any other matter related to this Contest, including, without limitation, claims based on property damages, personal injury and/or death, publicity rights, defamation or invasion of privacy.
No transfer, substitution, upgrade, credit, refund or cash equivalent for prizes is allowed except at Sponsor’s sole discretion, to substitute a prize of equal or greater monetary value or cash value for any prize.
All decisions related to, as well as all interpretation of, these Official Contest Rules by Co-Sponsors will be final.