This episode is a new feature we are calling, "News You Can Use (or Abuse)" where we cover top headlines that affect the promotional products business and provide questionably humorous and ever-so-occasionally helpful commentary! In this first episode, Dana, Bobby and Mark are joined, halfway through the show, by Paul Bellantone to chat exclusively about the new Expo East. Other topics in this episode include:
- The front page Wall Street Journal article featuring Norman Cohn
- NPD: 70% Of Consumers Now Watch TV On Non-TV Devices; PCs Reign Supreme and how this relates to our industry (TechCrunch)
- Social news: Facebook, Google+ and Pinterest
- Apps in the promotional products industry (or rather, the lack thereof)
- Dana's RAC volunteer of the year award (he had hoped his acceptance speech was not public and like the good friends that we are, we will tell the whole world it's right here; wow, Dana, you're right, you did blubber like a baby!)
- The North American Leadership Summit (NALC) and why you should go
- The 2011 Industry Sales Summary from PPAI (download the PDF)
Want to be on a future News You Can Use episode? Email us and let us know!
The PK Podcast is a weekly conversation hosted by Mark Graham and Bobby Lehew featuring guest suppliers, distributors and service providers discussing opportunities, challenges and insights into the promotional products business. The purpose of the podcast is to to bring the conversation we are already having at shows and restaurants to a public forum where we can all listen and learn. As a continued commitment to mentor those new in the industry, the podcast will feature a broad spectrum of topics. If you wish to participate in the podcast, please read our editorial guidelines then fill out our form and we’ll be in touch!