Our guest for this episode is fellow chef Tonia Allen Gould, President and CEO of TAG! The Creative Source. For nineteen years, Tonia has been running a successful distributorship located in Los Angeles, CA. Sharp, creative, ambitious and tenacious, Tonia has been a contributing chef to PromoKitchen and joins us for the very first time on the podcast to discuss the unique aspects of TAG! and her philosophy on what it takes to operate a successful business. Included in this week's discussion:
- Her start in the business, including her reticence to begin in our industry
- Leading with selling ideas, not merely product
- Handling objections to the response "you all do the same thing"
- Helping clients achieve their objectives with promotional marketing
- Building and sustaining a healthy, creative team
The PK Podcast is a weekly conversation hosted by Mark Graham and Bobby Lehew featuring guest suppliers, distributors and service providers discussing opportunities, challenges and insights into the promotional products business. The purpose of the podcast is to to bring the conversation we are already having at shows and restaurants to a public forum where we can all listen and learn. As a continued commitment to mentor those new in the industry, the podcast will feature a broad spectrum of topics. If you wish to participate in the podcast, please read our editorial guidelines then fill out our form and we’ll be in touch!