Chef/Board Member Manifesto
PromoKitchen is a 501c3 nonprofit organization that is an evolving voice for the promotional products industry that represents a team of volunteers that share an independent, unadulterated, young at heart and often irreverent view of our industry.
We believe that best practice-sharing is a good thing for an industry that is going through rapid change. We also believe in the power of community and how this industry can improve by establishing stronger connections between us all.
PromoKitchen offers two core benefits:
1. Education. We intend to advance the industry through thought-provoking discussion on a variety of subjects (marketing, sales, technology, operations, productivity and creativity).
2. Mentorship. We have provided a platform for new entrants to learn by matching budding superstars with seasoned industry players.
We don’t have all of the answers (not even close), but we feel that by expressing our thoughts we can help move the industry forward. PromoKitchen is about debate, differing opinions and pushing the limits by discussing new and cool trends.
Actionable requirements and responsibilities for each board member/chef:
Number and Term (per Bylaws): The number of chefs shall be no fewer than 9 and no more than 25. The term is 3 years. If a term is expiring and a chef would like to remain active, they must be voted for another term based on other chef’s determination of meeting all bright-line expectations below. The vote will occur via secret ballot. There must be a quorum with a majority voting affirmatively for continuance of another term.
Meetings: PromoKitchen chefs will make best efforts to connect with fellow chefs at private meetings and socials annually that take place at industry related events. Additionally, approximately 12, one hour monthly conference calls may take place throughout the year. Chefs must make best efforts to be available and actively participate.
Recruitment: Chefs are the most important stewards of PromoKitchen’s mission and should make best efforts to qualify prospective chef candidates and introduce them to the group for membership. Introduction of new chefs can take place up two times a year.
New chefs are selected based on the following criteria:
- Have a minimum of 4 years in the promotional products industry (PPI).
- Shown leadership and integrity in the PPI.
- Hold a senior management position.
- Fills a PromoKitchen skill set void.
- Is not afraid to disrupt or share.
- Is approved as a chef by majority.
- Understands and agrees to the responsibilities in this Manifesto.
Dues: Currently, there are no membership dues to help run PromoKitchen. However, if all chefs agree by majority vote, that dues are critical to sharing our mission, there may be a requirement for reasonable contribution.
Active Involvement: Chefs must be invested in PromoKitchen’s missions:
- Provide editorial blog content (written or video) at least 2 times annually.
- Be active in PromoKitchen’s mentoring program to help pass along the wealth of knowledge we share.
- Help discover and recruit sharper forward thinkers into PromoKitchen.
- Assume a leadership position. Chefs can get involved to lead a number of areas to help the group advance its mission through committee work for 1-2 hours/month. Leadership positions include: mentorship, events, new chef orientation, recruitment, sponsorship, conferences, special projects, PPAI/ASI liaising, editorial, management, web site development, graphic design, marketing, secretary, treasurer, 501c3 management and more.
Other caveats: All “conversations” in PromoKitchen’s “StoveTalk” Facebook Group are for members only (just like the jacket) and should not be shared publicly unless author allows. Member chefs are required to vote on issues within 24 hours.
Interested in taking on a leadership role as a chef? email firstname.lastname@example.org